They want Blair back (surprised?)


Having browsed the various groups on Facebook today, I see that my little eco-warrior Emma Jones has joined a group, created by Nick Cohen of the Observer, called Bring Back Blair.

Emma is seen as being on the Left of the Labour Party (as are most who have joined the group), but even she wants Blair to return to Office. This is a huge slap in the face for Gordon. Hunter senses that ordinary Labour Party members are waking up to the fact that Broon is a loser - and a bottler! As I've said before, they must be spitting blood that he called off the election which Labour probably would have won.

Blair, for all his faults, won three historic general election victories. In politics, winning matters. So far, the new group has 50 members. Expect it to grow...

5 comments:

Norfolk Blogger said...

If Blair delivered anything it was General Election vicoties, and that's what Labour want.They care little about what they do when they win, but the win is all they care about.

David Allen said...

How extraordinary that a sevring labour councillor would join such a group _ I suggest that you get a screen-grab of the evidence, before she pulls her membership! Or perhaps she is an out-and-proud Blairista and will be inviting fellow Haringey Labour councillors to joine the group with her?

Anonymous said...

Is anyone going to be watching 'The Worst Place To Live In Britain' on tv this week..(Education, Educa - whoops 'Location, Location, Location' Wed 17th C4).
Apparently last year under Blair's Britain the worst place to live was....... Haringey!

Darkersideofbridgetjones said...

Actually anonymous you're wrong there it was Hackney!

Emma Jones said...

Hello. I don't think it's a state secret that I've always preferred Blair to Brown. But that doesn't mean we are seriously wanting him back - it's just a group on Facebook for God's sake, as if it means anything!

And, as you can see from my blog post of 7th October, I'm not annoyed that we didn't have an election at all - though I would of course have worked hard on it if there had been one, I wouldn't have been happy with all the extra work worsening my already packed schedule.