A very busy weekend


Hunter received a call from Boris' office at 2pm on Friday to say that Boris would be at Turnpike Lane "in an hour". Yikes! No time to prepare for anything! Hunter was pleased to give Boris a tour of Wood Green - he was well received by people of all ages and colours. Labour's nasty campaign to label him a racist clearly isn't working. Then, after drinks with the hacks, we delivered the last of our leaflets. In all, we've delivered 15,000 over the last two months and the new leaflet is at the printers. Nobody can say that we're not prepared for a snap election...

Saturday was spent with Dr. James at Bluewater, followed by a very alcoholic evening at a local pub where there was karaoke. Hunter managed to get up to sing the classic Irish song, the Wild Rover. Everyone clapped me when I left the stage - not sure if I was good or that they were pleased I had finished?

Yesterday was spent at the North Mid Hospital (was in so much pain I that I could not travel to a nicer hospital in central London). I'm feeling better today - but was I in pain!

Woke up this morning to find a message on my answering machine from a local resident. He's found a dead cat outside of his apartment and wants the Conservative Action Team to help remove it. The lengths we go to for extra votes...

1 comment:

Tom Mason said...

A dead cat? Better get there quickly or the Lib Dems will offer it a council seat!