Why the Beeb's news has dumbed down


Hunter has just spent the last 8 minutes (it is now 08:14) watching Breakfast News on BBC1. After a 'news round up', which lasted for about 6 minutes, two guests were brought in to sit on the sofa. Guess what they talked about? The important G8 Summit? No. Yes, you guessed it, Big Brother. Talk about dumbing down! Get rid of the sofa, bring back Moira and broadcast quality news.

UPDATE: The Beeb has just covered a story on M&S profits. Who should be seen touring an M&S store? A certain Mr. TB. Why waste an opportunity to promote the people's PM?

5 comments:

Croydonian said...

Breakfast TV? I'm shocked, shocked.

You should be listening to 'Today'.

Justin Hinchcliffe said...

Dr. James was watching it on the telly in the front room. My wireless is in the bedroom. Often listen to RadioLabour, sorry Radio4.

Anonymous said...

No, you should be watching GMTV, snatchally, actually, catchually, Ok?? That's what I do, with me canaries on.

Electro Kevin said...

I don't trust the Beeb at all for impartiality anymore least of all in soaps. Was Mrs TB in M&S ? I expect she would have set the security alarms off on the way out.

Anonymous said...

I can reveal that Justin is an Eastenders addict _ hahaha