Rating the panellists on Question Time


Lord Hurd was, and remains, a political giant. This led me to think of the cabinet ministers in the last Conservative Government -- intellectual heavyweights -- compared to the pygmies on today’s front bench. Watching tonight's Question Time, Labour's Caroline Flint, a health minister, was atrocious. She did, though, do slightly better that that smug, arrogant, pretentious and pompous “Neo-Con”, Douglas Murray. David Laws, Lib Dem, wasn’t too bad, although it wasn’t his finest hour (he hadn’t a clue when it came to discussing health/junior doctors and MTAS). Plaid’s Adam Price was his usual self: calm, coherent and cute! What did you think of the panellists?

9 comments:

David Allen said...

I can't bear to watch QT _ I detest ALL Dimblebys and the show finally became unwatchable when they saw fit to include comedians as panellists. If I need advice on cakes, I might go to Jo Brand, or, for advice on nail polish I might go to Eddie Izzard _ but why does the BBC think I could care less about what they think about politics?

Alan's Blogs said...

I was once in the audience (back in 1990!)

Norfolk Blogger said...

A colleague this morning at work asked if I had seen it because she was disgusted at the mocking, smug, nasty and interrupting neo con. She also remarked that the only person he agreed with was the Labour person. I didn't see it myself.

Justin Hinchcliffe said...

Yes, he agreed with her quite a lot. Nasty man, IMHO.

Justin Hinchcliffe said...

Al, when you could sit in standard chairs...

LOL!

Ellee said...

I thought Hurd was a great statesman with gravitas. Caroline Flint lacked any real conviction and was just reciting spin, spin, spin without substance.

Justin Hinchcliffe said...

Welcome back, Elle. How's it going in York Outer?

korova said...

Murray was insufferable. I had to resist the urge to throw heavy objects at my TV, particularly when he made the comment about it 'all being well sitting in Oxford and telling the Iraqis what to do'. Before then telling the Iraqis what to do. Whilst sitting in Oxford. Idiot.

Newmania said...

I agree Justin Hurd was tremendous and his description of the differece between poltical dispute and undeniable incompetence crushing.