Suck it and sea?

Yesterday, as I was in town for a hair cut, I popped in to Compton's pub on Old Compton Street for a quick pint. The five guys sat next to me, obviously tourists, wanted directions to Harrods. Needless to say, I was happy to oblige. This generated a conversation between us. I established that they were from Denmark - nothing unusual about that.

But they were gay fisherman! Yes, gay fisherman! Didn't even know they existed - trust me to meet them! Tried to explain to them what a 'Fisherman's friend' is in English, but they started to get the wrong idea! Another thought: if the Danes can have gay fishermen, it shouldn't be too hard for we Brits to come up with a few gay lumberjacks....

2 comments:

David Allen said...

Well you'd be lucky to meet any BRITISH fishermen, gay or straight, thanks to the EU fisheries policy!

Norfolk Blogger said...

All very interesting and amusing, but why not post about the homophobia on Conservative Home ? You've really fought your corner well there but nothing on this blog. I've posted about it twice in mine !