My big birthday tent

On Friday, it's my birthday; I shall be 26. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! On Saturday, I'm having my birthday party - one day late. Why? Friday would make it impossible for my Jewish friends, such as Lydia and Dov, to attend. And besides, people just want to 'chill' on a Friday night after a long week at work.

My parties always attract a good mix - young, old, gay, straight, black, white, but mostly Conservative. This year, I've actually invited more Labour and Lib Dem councillors than Conservative. It doesn't really matter because we rarely discuss politics and this always pleases my non-political friends. I'm looking forward to reporting back on it - if I can remember anything.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good grief! You are surely trying to spoof Cllr. Emma Jones' blogging style?! I really must draw this to her attention.

Anonymous said...

Only 26?? Well, if anyone was thinking of buying Mr Hinchcliffe a birthday present, I suggest you get down to the Clinique counter.....

Justin said...

Humbug! Just for interest, I have not invited little Emma as she's attending the Muswell Hill Organic and Fairtade Society’s annual Mung Bean Dinner in the not-for-profit ‘community cafĂ©’ in Highgate Woods!

Justin said...

Oooohhh, get her!

Anonymous said...

....or you could always buy him a rasor! I think he is going for that 'Keith Flett look'! Shave it off, Mr H!

Ellee said...

I hope you have a good day, it's good to have friends from all backgrounds too.

Newmania said...

I think I will be there Justin, goodness 26 eh ? You look older ........

Tom Mason said...

Happy Birthday Justin!

I'm sure it'll be an exciting party as always!

Cheers,


Tom