Five things you didn't know about me

I've been tagged by Norfolk Blogger (Cllr. Nick Starling) with the five things meme, which should be things you probably don't know (or want to know) about me.

1. I had a "Sympathectomy" in 2002 - a major operation to stop my hands from sweating. The procedure involved inserting a 9inch needle into my chest to deflate my right lung to cut a sympathetic nerve behind it.

2. I successfully lobbied the European Commission to force Romania to provide anti-retrovirals to all its children infected with HIV (some 3,000!) as a pre-condition for EU membership.

3. I hate public speaking.

4. I was the youngest Conservative Party Chairman and local government candidate anywhere in the UK in 2002.

5. I stood for election in Cambridge in 2003 - losing by just 51 votes.

I now task Cllr. Matt Davies, Cllr. Nick King, Croydonian, Fahrenheit and Newmania to do likewise. Let's see what happens...

6 comments:

David Allen said...

Now wouldn't it be interesting to out out an 'all-points' call for the 5 most inmteresting things OTHER people know about you? (You would blush, never mind sweat!)
I see that poor croydonian has taken up your meme challenge too!

Newmania said...

Hmmmm Justin you have been a busy bee. I love public speaking but then i love the sound of my own voice. Sometimes I love it so much I start speaking just in the hope something will occur to me . Anyhting , anything at all just so long as that delightful sound continues

Newmania said...

Mr. Luckman is threatening to come oop North David , as in North London and buy us some drinks and porky scratchings.He tells me you are a distuinguished gentleman in his 40s .Is this true ?

David Allen said...

I hope Mr Luckman does make it north of the river _ it used to be his stomping ground years ago, when first I knew him (Golders Green, I think). I was shocked to see him show up somewhere non-U like Croydon! ;-)
I am gutted to be described as distinguished _ how ageing! Actually, I am only 41 _ which, as you know, is the new 25. At least that's what I tell people when I invite them up to see my etchings!

Anonymous said...

David, everyone knows you dye your hair. Grey is better than ginger!

David Allen said...

OK, OK _ I hereby come out as pigmentally-challenged in the trichological department! (go get a dictionary, 'anonymous'). And I think you must be colour-blind (I know I'm a bit 'ginger', but that is ridiculous!)