Bloggers united!

After a very informative meeting last night at Conservative Campaign Headquarters (CCHQ) attended by senior London Conservatives such as myself, I headed down to the Old Dairy in Stroud Green to meet a couple of fellow bloggers, including the eccentric Newmania (aka Paul Newman).

Paul seems to think that I have a Scottish accent similar to that of Lloyd Grossman. But isn't Grossman American? Goodness knows what I'll sound like when I get back from campaigning in Scotland? Anyway, we had a good old-fashioned debate about Europe. Jonathan, an Islington Conservative, was a passionate Better Off Out (BOO) bloke; tried to say how we need to stay in the European Union and in the EPP and fight for the kind of Europe that we want to see: a Europe of democracies, economic stability, free and fair trade, liberty, human rights and globalisation. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and hope to see them all again - soon.

4 comments:

Croydonian said...

Wot, no namecheck? A good time was indeed had by all, and we must all meet up again before long.

Justin Hinchcliffe said...

Sorry, C. Thought you would have been embarrassed to been seen with me! I know Newmania isn't too fussy...

Newmania said...

Honoured to be seen with you I would think Justin and I am very fussy actually.
You do have a slightly funny accent but it is a matter of grave seriousness by comparison with your beard and tie .I suspect that your claim to be able to turn any man may owe much to bravado and little to experience.

You do have a"nice personality" though.. I hope for great things from you . Why ever not !

Croydonian said...

Oh dear - do I give off airs and graces?